Sunday, August 14, 2011

Let's begin here......the fight

Sure. You could consider this to be just a nother random hair blog.  And that's just fine. For me this is a chronicle of MY journey. I started my hair journey in January of 2009. At the time I was a full NL. Like all women I started off extremely excited. Yet and still overwhelmed with all the information I was being given. I bought some products and began the race.....thinking I would be arm pit length in no time. Well like taking an advil and expecting your cramps to magically disappear in minutes it didn't work like that. To top it off I was still a bit on the lazy side. I didnt always wash every week. I didnt DC as much as I should have. I did however do one thing right. I moisturized and sealed faithfully. I was never one too be all that talented with the hair so the fact that I did this was fantastic. I was already simply stretching relaxers out of the fact that I was wigging it most of the time and it didn't really matter to me whether or not I had a super fresh perm. So the breakage and the crappy habits never stopped. And I never saw growth. Most importantly...I never saw health. So in May of 2011 I decided to get my actual hair done for my three year anniversary.  After I noticed that my NL hair could very well be creeping on to new and better horizons (SL) I got super serious about it's health and maintenance. It's been a fight, but one I am committed to winning. I hope that you choose to stick around these parts. I will soon be posting hair pics, my current and sometimes changing regimen, product hauls, reviews, my hair achievements and setbacks, and when I get a little more tech savvy videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment